the austin college center for southwestern and mexican studies promotes collaborative learning between students of the college and faculty members, with special emphasis on the historical, cultural, social, economic, and political issues facing texas and mexico. the center seeks to prepare its students, and the college community at large, to meet challenges and opportunities focusing on the relationship between mexico and the southwestern united states. in so doing, it fosters campus outreach and the communication of the austin college community with the greater southwest and mexico in a variety of ways including public programs and seminars. the center sponsors a series of internships and specialized research opportunities for all austin college students who have an interest in mexico and the southwestern united states.
- Native North America: Anthropology 210
- Immigration Policy and the Immigrant Experience: Anthropology 326
- Red, White, and Black: Race and Culture in Colonial Latin America: History 221
- Mexico and Central America: History 320
- Mesoamerican Mythology: Spanish 254
- Borderlands/La Frontera: Spanish 353/453